Toyobo MC Corporation (hereinafter, "Toyobo MC") is highly conscious of the importance of personal information. To allow you to use the Toyobo MC Web site with confidence, we have established the following policies to safeguard your personal information. It does not apply to domestic affiliated companies, overseas affiliated companies, and links from the Toyobo MC Web site. We ask that you contact the company in question concerning the policies of affiliated companies and links.
1.What is personal information?
Any information Toyobo MC requests from Toyobo MC Web site users that could be used to identify individual users, including but not limited to address, name, age, telephone number, and e-mail address.
2. Safeguarding personal information.
Toyobo MC is responsible for the security of personal information under our protection of personal information. To ensure the security of users' personal information, Toyobo MC strives to prevent unauthorized access, leaks, or loss of personal information.
3. Use of personal information.
When we request personal information from users, we will clearly specify the use for which the information is requested, and the information will be used only as specified. Users always have the option of refraining from providing the personal information requested. However, this may limit our ability to provide services through the Toyobo MC Web site.
4. Disclosure to third parties.
Except as stipulated below, Toyobo MC will not release users' personal information to third parties.
- With the explicit permission of the user.
- When it is necessary to provide the information to TOYOBO group companies (*1) for the purpose of providing a service requested by the user.
- When it is necessary to provide the information to a subcontractor or affiliate with whom Toyobo MC has a confidentiality agreement, for the purpose of accomplishing the user's stated purpose.
- When statistical data has been redacted to prevent identification of the user.
- As required by law.
(*1) Please refer to the TOYOBO Web site’s “Worldwide Locations” page in the “About Toyobo” section.
5.Changes in registration information.
Requests to change, confirm, correct, or delete the personal information voluntarily provided to Toyobo MC will be honored only after Toyobo MC has confirmed that the requestor is the party concerned or his authorized representative.
6.Personal information of parties linked on the Toyobo MC Web site.
Toyobo MC assumes absolutely no responsibility for safeguarding the personal information of third parties linked to from the Toyobo MC Web site.
Toyobo MC will review and amend the abovementioned policy on the handling of the personal information of customers in accordance with relevant legislative amendments.